Thursday, April 7, 2011

turkey parade

Twas the day before KP came and what did I see?
Lots of creatures were stirring, yes even turkeys!

The feeder was full and the turkeys they made,
Lots of gobbles and noise while all on parade.


KP was nestled all snug on her flight
While visions of farm life danced in my sight.

KP in jCrew and they in the dew
spread their feathers while our cows went "moomoo"


When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.


Away to the window, I flew like a flash
Picked up my camera, and took pictures of these silly turkeys trying to mate in my backyard, so when Kelly came I could show her what she is missing with her big city life.

Hope you enjoyed my take at classic poetry. You can all see now why I was not an English major.

7 comments:

Hot Wheels and Glue Guns said...

Oh lord, that is hilarious....that may not be the best way to convince her to move to the country! lol

Sasha Farina said...

ROFL! too funny!

LisaDay said...

Teehee!! Totally cute!!

Kimber-Leigh said...

so funny!

Mrs Frizz said...

Priceless ...

Lisa said...

Very cleverly written!!

Stevie K. said...

Too funny. I love it! Hope y'all had a blast :)